Fumes overcome four at plasma center

Thursday, June 21, 2001 at 10:00pm

Four women at a plasma donation center on Church Street were momentarily overwhelmed by carbon monoxide from a propane leak and had to be taken to Baptist Hospital Thursday.

The leak occurred at Aventis Bio-Services at 1620 Church St. at about 10 a.m. while a maintenance worker was using a floor buffer, company officials said. Propane is commonly used to fuel the electric buffers.

Employees, after smelling toxic fumes, called the fire department. Firemen found four women suffering from chest pains and from difficulty in breathing. Capt. David Gaines of Metro Fire Department

Filed under: City News
Tagged: