Three bridge repair projects are set for this weekend around Davidson County that may require drivers to plan detours or leave a little early.
According to the Tennessee Department of Transportation, drivers should be aware of the following projects:
Box Bridge on Battery Lane over West Fork Browns Creek
• Now through Sunday July 29 — Battery Lane will be closed in order to install utility boxes. Detours will be in place.
Bridge Rehabilitation on Interstate-24 over Main St. and Woodland St.
• Thursday, July 26, and Monday, July 30, through Tuesday, July 31, 8 p.m.-5 a.m.There will be temporary lane closures on Main Street and Woodland Street, from South Fifth Street to Interstate Drive to perform bridge repairs. One lane will remain open.
• Friday, July 27, 9 p.m. through Monday, July 30, 5 a.m. I-24 eastbound and westbound will be closed from the I-24/I-40 split east of downtown to remove existing bridge deck and install bridge deck panels. Main Street and Woodland Street, from South Fifth Street to Interstate Drive will also be closed. Detours will be in place.
• Monday, July 30, through Tuesday, July 31, 9 p.m.-5 a.m.The right lane of I-24 westbound will be temporarily closed from MM 50.0 to MM 48.2 in order to pour overhang on bridges. Two lanes will remain open.
Bridge Repair on Lebanon Road over Browns Creek
• Wednesday, Aug. 1 and Thursday, Aug. 2, 8 p.m.-6 a.m. There will be alternating lane closures on Lebanon Road in order to pour the bridge deck. Flaggers will be utilized.
For more information on TDOT projects, visit www.tennessee.gov/tdot