Ten candidates apply to replace retiring Judge Barbara Haynes
Monday, October 31, 2011 at 2:18pm
Ten attorneys have applied to fill the Davidson County Circuit Court vacancy to replace Judge Barbara Haynes, who is set to retire from the bench Nov. 15.
Applications for the Gov. Bill Haslam-appointment were due Oct. 31. The Judicial Nomination Commission on Dec. 5 will hold a public hearing before interviewing each candidate. The commission will then nominate three recommendations to the governor.
According to the Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts, candidates are:
- Cynthia Jane Bohn –– private practice; Cynthia J. Bohn & Associates
- John Winston Heacock –– private practice; Nashville
- Marian L. Kohl –– special master/judicial clerk; First Circuit Court, Judge Hamilton Gayden
- Stanley A. Kweller –– private practice; Jackson, Kweller, McKinney, Warden, Lewis & Haynes
- John Richard Manson –– special master; Eighth Circuit Court in Davidson County
- Mary Ashley Nichols –– special master; Davidson County Circuit Courts
- Phillip Robinson –– private practice; Nashville
- Scott Rosenberg –– magistrate; Davidson County Juvenile Court
- Jocelyn Stevenson –– partner; Bradley, Arant, Boult, Cummings LLP, Nashville
- Keith Alan Turner –– private practice; Nashville
4 Comments on this post: