A citizen's tip that led to the arrest of a couple allegedly breaking into a White Bridge Road business may mean the end to a recent rash of burglaries in west Nashville.
Ashley Hutton and Preston Hayes, both 25, were arrested outside the Backstage at DeMith salon at 265 White Bridge Road at 3 a.m. Saturday, police said.
The couple allegedly admitted to the break-in and also to burglarizing 21 Up Video across the street, police said.
In interviews with detectives, police learned that Hayes may have connections to five additional residential and business burglaries, police said.
He is now charged in the following burglaries:
After interviews with West Precinct detectives, Preston Hayes is now charged with the following five additional residential and business burglaries:
· A residence in the 8300 block of Sawyer Brown Road on Sept. 25
· Toys R Us, 7663 Highway 70 South, on Sept. 24
· A residence in the 8600 block of Sawyer Brown Road on Sept. 23
· A residence in the 7500 block of Rolling River Parkway on Sept. 23
· A residence in the 1000 block of Todd Preis Drive on Sept. 23
Hayes, of Post Road, is being held in lieu of $65,000 bond.
Hutton, of White Bridge Road, is being held on $20,000 bond.