In preparation for Wednesday evening’s Fourth of July celebration downtown, the Metro Nashville Police Department will close certain roads in and around downtown to control the flow of traffic.
Starting at 6 a.m. Wednesday closures will include:
• First Avenue from Union Street to the Korean Veteran’s Bridge
• Second Avenue from Church to Demonbreun streets
• Broadway from First to Third avenues
• Molloy Street from First to Second avenues
• Demonbreun Street from First to Second avenues
Third Avenue from Commerce to Demonbreun Streets will be closed beginning at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Beginning at 6 p.m. Wednesday, traffic on the Korean Veteran’s Bridge will be restricted to two lanes and westbound traffic will not be permitted on the Korean Veteran’s Bridge after 9 p.m.
After the fireworks show those who parked downtown will be directed by police officers to leave in a certain direction depending on which parking area they are leaving from (click here for a map ).
The public is reminded not to park on the shoulders of the interstate to watch the fireworks display. Parking there is prohibited, and those who do so may be ticketed.
|DowntownMapAllZones.pdf ||911.16 KB|