Golf season is upon us. With April comes (the hope of) warmer weather, cut fairways and greens that roll true.
More than a just game, though, golf is a passion for many, a profession for some and a significant industry throughout Middle Tennessee. (For a list of golf courses in Davidson and William counties click here .)
The City Paper staff, with help from long-time local sports columnist Joe Biddle, looks at golf from every area in our 2013 guide to golf season.
(To read about the best places to play, regardless of ability and financial situation, click on the following links):
• Top five public courses.
• Top five private courses.
• Top five affordable private clubs.
• Top five courses for juniors and beginning golfers.
• Top five practice facilities.
• Tuesday will be “Tennessee Golf Day” at the State Capitol.
• Vanderbilt Legends Club director of instruction Joe Hallett is widely recognized as one of the best teachers anywhere.
• Entrepeneurs Chad Schmidt and Mark Mihal, both Nashville natives, make fantasy golf a reality for those who seek a different way to keep up with the pros.